We are looking for a web designer to join the Real Geeks team. You will be working alongside management and engineers to design everything across our platform. While no workday is the same, you would be tasked with influencing and refining the user experience and user interface design for an innovative real estate search platform, CRM, CMS and mobile apps.
The best candidate is a designer who's obsessed with creating amazing products that change lives (just as buying and selling real estate, for many people, change lives) in addition to learning about the latest and greatest technology. We want someone that gets motivated to make their apps better when they see one that works better than theirs.
Most importantly, we want someone to be an advocate for our users, and help us create products that solve complex, real world problems with simple and intuitive design. Someone dedicated to the craft of designs and is excited about working in an agile and collaborative environment!
- Expert in all aspects of user experience with a passion for product and user interface design, combined with a competitive drive to deliver at an outstanding level.
- Able to explain ideas and design decisions to management (those who are not developers or designers) through user flow diagrams, sketches, static wireframes and clickable prototypes.
- Research: Be a voice for our users at all levels of discussion. Constant thought on how to improve use cases and features that improve productivity for our users.
- Collaborate with the Real Geeks team to translate requirements into concepts that enhance the user's experience and productivity.
- Work alongside managers and engineers to perfect the user experience throughout the product development process.
- Visualize complex sets of data in ways that are easy to comprehend for our users to help them be more productive.
- Create a productive, easy-to-use product for our users across al devices and screen sizes: web, tablet and smartphone (iOS, Android, Windows)
- Demonstrate a strong portfolio of user interface and user experience design work. Show us your process of taking an idea from concept to completion.
- 5 years of UX/UI design experience with a proven record of successfully shipped web and/or software applications
- Contribute to high-level strategic decisions with excellent communications skills - you should be able to clearly articulate your design decisions to developers and non-developers
- Previous experience working with complex interfaces or information design (complex UI, dashboards, etc)
- Strong knowledge of best practices and tools used in user-centered interactive design (Page loading, responsive design, etc)
- Strong workflow and process for design with your preferred tools
- A solid design background with a keen eye for visual design and interaction details
- Experience integrating user research and behavioral analytics into design practices
- Passion for emerging technologies, hunger to innovate and attention to detail